Menu

Click here to join our Discord Server and be the first to learn about announcements and giveaways!
mythcraft.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Weekly Bitch Thread 4/13/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark

Dragon
Dragon
I have decided i will make these every few days because of the shit that happens every few days XD

Please read fully and don't have a stick up your ass the whole time reading it

Weekly bitch thread



1.) Staff

Everyone saw this one coming from me as i have complained about it all week! But i know for a fact John is getting the correct people to be staff as i would hope a manager would be doing. But some of these people on the new team are out of control muting people for 4 minutes instead of 5 min for racism when the first offense is suppose to be 10? Yeah okay, did they even fill out an application to be staff or did you just trust them enough to not even go through the trainee stages to just make them helper. Don’t try to say they’ve been here since 2013/2014/first map of factions because some of them haven’t! I’ve been here since Jan 2015 and i can say that NONE of them were on factions. “But Dark you played sky block nerd” no dumbass i played a little factions and NEVER saw some of them on when i switched back in forth. now for some of them like TheBizzz who has PAGES of mutes for racism get helper. Okay Culvert before you come to me saying “Oh dark you have mutes too” Yes, thank you for pointing that out! i realize it. I’m just stating these HELPERS have MORE pages than me! which doesn’t add up at all does it Culvert???



Now i realize that bias and friendship is getting in the way for these applications as I actually applied for staff, got reminded that i had 3 racism mutes in the last 5 days and nothing more came of it… like really you can’t give me an equal shot because i know for a fact if you were liked by john or culvert you immediately got in the drawing for who get staff…

Also is there even a trainee rank? Allu was the last one to have it but there has been 6 promotions of helper this week and NONE of them has been a helper. For some of them we haven’t seen them on the server at all or even months to years back, why the fuck do they get helper instead of the people who have supported this server for years doesn’t get staff. For example, FreakedOut… HE applied for staff and was on a watch list by the mods and he had auto clicker on and got caught by Zeliath and was out of the running for staff about a year ago. BUT TheBizzz is now helper with an auto clicker ban by AntiSleep… makes sense eh? Now is dgl or squid who talks about auto clicker in discord all day with admins who i won’t disclose the name get it too?



2.) Rules that need to be changed/modified

Just hear me out before you reply with “dark thats always been a rule” I’ve been trying to get some certain rules changed for the last two years and i have gotten i believe one rule changed and thats because ARP_Takao_CA actually Listened to me and didn’t just say fuck you and moved on to the line of no one waiting to offer up suggestions for this server. One rule i would like to have modified is the chat disruptions rule. If i have an altercation with another member why can’t i discuss it in chat if its only a few lines? it ain’t disrupting chat? what is it disrupting if it is? A player needing help because we all know staff just brushes off those members and keeps their focus on us who’s “chat disrupting”

One small change would be the caps rule that ends up being a 5 minute mute… I believe the rule on caps is 3 words in all caps… some people do two words and thats it and get a 5 minute mute. Yes i realize that spamming caps is mutable but not the two worded ones, thats bullshit.

Dark
 
I don't quite understand what you're going on about. If you're so sure that we don't deserve staff because of toxicity and racist comments then we should lose it in the next couple of days right? I respect your opinion but please wait for something to actually happen before writing an entire paragraph complaining about the staff team because you weren't selected.

P.S. the 4 minute mute was me and I did it out of instinct then corrected myself after I was told that the racism standard was 10 minutes.
 

Haxq

Member
I don't quite understand what you're going on about. If you're so sure that we don't deserve staff because of toxicity and racist comments then we should lose it in the next couple of days right? I respect your opinion but please wait for something to actually happen before writing an entire paragraph complaining about the staff team because you weren't selected.

P.S. the 4 minute mute was me and I did it out of instinct then corrected myself after I was told that the racism standard was 10 minutes.
He meant before they got staff they had pages of mutes
 

Dark

Dragon
Dragon
I'm not complaining because i wasn't selected it was the fact of the response to my app was horribly approached and was never given a chance to prove i was worth is all chicken...
 

Vane

Member
As far as I'm concerned while the recent promotions may seem unorthodox to you they're perfectly reasonable in terms of the factions specific ones. Yes some of the people have had previous punishments but they're a part of the community which has stayed with the server for longer than any of the current staff members myself included and are aware of what make's it enjoyable to play.

And "bias and friendship" I'm not sure if you're aware of how the staff team has always worked but... That's how it has always worked? People who are at odds with the current staff won't be promoted because the current staff can't trust them. It's as simple as that. The staff team is a community of it's own and if someone makes the perfect application they won't be promoted if they're not known by the people in charge of those promotions because saying is one thing and doing is something else entirely.

Then there's Bizzz's "Autoclicker ban" LOL I can see you've done your research. It was a joke. I banned him for autoclicking because he was recording a video and as far as I'm aware he doesn't cheat he's good enough to not need to cheat and if you think otherwise I suggest you subscribe to him on youtube!

As far as chat disruption and the like goes those are rules mainly enforced on skyblock that I have very little to do with.
 

Culvert

Member
I'm going to start this off by saying that, everyone who was promoted was promoted for a reason. Although I thought that would be clear to everyone, apparently it isn't. Each and every one of them, even though I do know them personally, I absolutely believe, along with John will be great staff. No matter what, at some point everyone on the staff team has been toxic at some point, myself included (Although probably not Kreeg because he's a bot), but that doesn't mean they don't and will not do their jobs, same with me.

Now as for the mutes / mute pages, first off you're welcome for me pointing out your mutes. Second off, yes, they have mutes in the past, TheBizzz included, but once again, who are you to judge when you're getting muted for doing the same things?

And now, for the "dgl / squidy" mention, first of all, neither of them applied for staff, nor asked for staff in a serious manner. All of what they said was purely banter, nothing more. And even if they DID get / apply for staff, you're in no place to question why they got it. No one on the server is, there's a reason John is the community manager and makes the decisions for who gets staff. And it's not for people to bitch and moan about who does and who doesn't get it.

Also, all the people who you say "haven't been around for years", have played long before you, including myself. Most of the staff that were promoted were here since map 1, longer than myself, so you may stand corrected.
 

Groaning

Active Member
I have decided i will make these every few days because of the shit that happens every few days XD

Please read fully and don't have a stick up your ass the whole time reading it

Weekly bitch thread



1.) Staff

Everyone saw this one coming from me as i have complained about it all week! But i know for a fact John is getting the correct people to be staff as i would hope a manager would be doing. But some of these people on the new team are out of control muting people for 4 minutes instead of 5 min for racism when the first offense is suppose to be 10? Yeah okay, did they even fill out an application to be staff or did you just trust them enough to not even go through the trainee stages to just make them helper. Don’t try to say they’ve been here since 2013/2014/first map of factions because some of them haven’t! I’ve been here since Jan 2015 and i can say that NONE of them were on factions. “But Dark you played sky block nerd” no dumbass i played a little factions and NEVER saw some of them on when i switched back in forth. now for some of them like TheBizzz who has PAGES of mutes for racism get helper. Okay Culvert before you come to me saying “Oh dark you have mutes too” Yes, thank you for pointing that out! i realize it. I’m just stating these HELPERS have MORE pages than me! which doesn’t add up at all does it Culvert???



Now i realize that bias and friendship is getting in the way for these applications as I actually applied for staff, got reminded that i had 3 racism mutes in the last 5 days and nothing more came of it… like really you can’t give me an equal shot because i know for a fact if you were liked by john or culvert you immediately got in the drawing for who get staff…

Also is there even a trainee rank? Allu was the last one to have it but there has been 6 promotions of helper this week and NONE of them has been a helper. For some of them we haven’t seen them on the server at all or even months to years back, why the fuck do they get helper instead of the people who have supported this server for years doesn’t get staff. For example, FreakedOut… HE applied for staff and was on a watch list by the mods and he had auto clicker on and got caught by Zeliath and was out of the running for staff about a year ago. BUT TheBizzz is now helper with an auto clicker ban by AntiSleep… makes sense eh? Now is dgl or squid who talks about auto clicker in discord all day with admins who i won’t disclose the name get it too?



2.) Rules that need to be changed/modified

Just hear me out before you reply with “dark thats always been a rule” I’ve been trying to get some certain rules changed for the last two years and i have gotten i believe one rule changed and thats because ARP_Takao_CA actually Listened to me and didn’t just say fuck you and moved on to the line of no one waiting to offer up suggestions for this server. One rule i would like to have modified is the chat disruptions rule. If i have an altercation with another member why can’t i discuss it in chat if its only a few lines? it ain’t disrupting chat? what is it disrupting if it is? A player needing help because we all know staff just brushes off those members and keeps their focus on us who’s “chat disrupting”

One small change would be the caps rule that ends up being a 5 minute mute… I believe the rule on caps is 3 words in all caps… some people do two words and thats it and get a 5 minute mute. Yes i realize that spamming caps is mutable but not the two worded ones, thats bullshit.

Dark
Guess i'll respond seen as its me you're somewhat criticising over whose been picked and such.

>> Staff Concerns - The people I've chosen so far have made staff applications with the exception of Culvert who in my eyes didn't need one and never will. I had no problem hiring the people who made a staff application which included:

* Factions:
> TsnZephy - Made an application.
> Biz - Made an application.
> ChickenHut - Made an application.
> VladGenius - Made an application.
> Feeedz - Made an application.


* Skyblock:
> IDontDDOS - Made an application // Needed AU Staff.
> Aexa1 - Made an application // Needed AU Staff
> Rosebae - No application necessary from Wyvern, My choice.
> LaxNerd - No application necessary from Wyvern, My choice.
> HockeyPizza17 - No application necessary from Wyvern, My choice.
> Camzanno - No application necessary from Wyvern, My choice.
> Vishy - Ex Staff member.

As for them been friends I only met most of these Wyvern staff if not all of them a week ago, When they came on and asked if they'd be able to get a role on the server and help out and showed me there past experience on Wyvern, To which I gave them a chance and it didn't phase me because I saw how much they'd done for Wyvern / Vortex when they used to be staff there.

TheNerdRed was hired for his very formal and well good application that he made on the website to which I was more than happy to oblige with giving him trainee then helper rank on the server as he'd be a great addition. Alongside that I gave Vishy his staff rank back from when he was gone temporarily due to real life catching up with him.

Onto the recent factions helpers listed above, Most of them have stated they don't want to go higher than a helper EVER because they just want to be staff in order to moderate the toxicity and overall well being of the network, We barely had any factions staff at the time and now we actually have an active staff team and yes there all from 2013/2014 Mythcraft and three of them have been Ex Staff here before from Map 1 and Map 2, To which I know because I was a [Moderator] At that time and remember it clear as day.

I'm not going to include Kreeg because there's really no point explaining that one, Nor do I need to.

>> Trainee Concerns - Onto Trainee concerns, I'm not going to give people Trainee? It's a dumb rank to whoever added it the server never used to have it if you was starting out as staff you got helper not some crappy Trainee rank that can do nothing and if i'm going to give someone staff i'm going to start them out on a proper role not some basic "in training" rank because the majority of the people who've been hired do have training already for starters and because well the ranks a joke.

>> Bans / Hiring new staff / Bias Views - As for bans and past history if you've noticed I don't really concern myself with those, Maybe the old administration did when they hired staff but i've personally been banned and blacklisted from the network for 2+ years and now i'm Manager so i'm pretty sure I know what you mean when you say what you're saying regarding people losing out on a staff rank for well cheating to an extent. If people cheat they won't get special treatment because there staff doesn't matter who they are they'll be punished according to the guidelines and where necessary demoted especially if what there doing effects how the staff team look on the server.

>> Rule changes - The altercation rule is mainly there to stop drama in the chat and overall well disruption like you clearly said, It doesn't really need explaining to an extent, The rule is there because if you want to argue do it off the server or in DMs. That way if things do get heated we don't have to punish the players for it or mute anyone, If anything the rule is there so you can avoid been penalized for saying something / arguing with someone in chat that you'll regret.

However implying staff look for chat "disruptions" more than helping people is pretty farfetched considering how much staff have actually done so far, I mean numerous people have been helped but the few who we take a while to get to just complain that it's taking too long we can't please everyone instantly and it'll never be the case, If you need help and noone gets back to you make a forums thread explaining your issue people are monitoring the website a lot of the time and discord dms can get flooded I for one get 50+ when I wakeup and honestly can't get through them all at once because it's just unlikely to happen.

As for the caps rule I've personally never muted for like "Two words caps" But I know other staff have in the past, To me it's not a big deal and I can look into getting it altered to an extent in the guidelines but I honestly can't promis anything.

That's all I can say in regards to this post, Anymore questions feel free to reply.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top